THORNS AND ROSES

Life is full of beautiful sweet smelling roses that lit up a room, a loved one's face and decorates nature, yet right underneath it lays countless prickling thorns. Life is as it is, nothing is perfect. Though smell the roses enough and we won't mind having blood paid for the scent...

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Painful communication

why is it so hard for simple questions to be answered?

scenario:i am calling a restaurant for an inquiry
me: hi i would like to inquire if you have any specials for fathers day
receiver A: im sorry?
me: i would like to inquire if you have any specials for fathers day
receiver A: o you hold on ah
receiver B: hello?
me: hi i would like to inquire if you have any specials for fathers day
receiver B: im sorry?
me: (losing my patience) i would like to inquire if you have any specials for fathers day
receiver B: o you can come yeah but no special promotion
me: may i make a reservation for lunch?
receiver B: im sorry?
me: reservatioin. can?
receiver B: o yeah you can
me: (pause)...ok, are you going to take down my name and number?
receiver B: o my name is XXXXX
me: i said, are you going to take down MY name and number for MY reservation
receiver B: o ok. your name and number pls....

now is this the first time i come across difficulties like this while communicating with these ppl?
NOPE.
happens all the time.
was i stutterin?
was my accent too heavy?
was i talkin too fast?
no no and no
i've learnt to talk veerrryyy sloooow and with no accent as best as i can
yet, communication has always been such a pain out here

what happens when i get off the phone after a very trying conversation?
yes...
AAAHHHHHHHHHRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

1 Comments:

  • At August 30, 2007 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Pak Zawi said...

    Em,
    It is just that they are never used to bookings. All they have ever done was to receive walk in customers and accept orders whereby you will be made to wait till your order is ready. Even if thay have taken your reservation I doubt that they will reserve your table or prepare your food.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter